Telehealth and Face-to-face Consultations at Men’s Health Melbourne during COVID-19
Welcome (or Welcome back!) to Men’s Health Melbourne.
Please note that at during the COVID pandemic – all consultations will be defaulted to Telehealth. If the initial Telehealth consultation reveals that a Face-to-Face consultation is necessary, we will arrange a follow-up appointment.
Some patients may require an initial face-to-face consultation which will be determined by your specialist after reviewing the referral letter/clinical notes that are provided when booking the consultation.
At Men’s Health Melbourne we have developed a Telehealth consultation system which enables you to attend appointments from a location that is convenient to you through a video-link via the internet.
- Connect with our specialist practitioners visually.
- Telehealth is easy to use, from your phone, tablet or computer and the connection is encrypted for your privacy and safety.
- There is no need for you to have any special app, program or software loaded on your device to enable the telehealth consultation.
- Medicare rebates are available for your appointment at the same rate as a face to face consultation.
- An initial consultation attracts a rebate of $75.05 and a review consultation, if required, attracts a rebate of $37.70.
- To Start the Telehealth consultation: Just prior to your consultation you will receive an SMS from your specialist stating he is ready to see you. Click on the attached link in the SMS for the consultation to begin and please allow your device to accept video and audio
- For best results try and be in a location that has good internet/wifi/4G reception.
- To make the Telehealth consultation as smooth as possible, please provide the following information PRIOR to the appointment:
- Completed New Patient Registration Form and questionnaires
- Any test results/correspondence
Face to Face Consultations
During the pandemic if a face-to-face consultation is required, we have implemented for patient safety and peace of mind, the following measures to minimize risk.
- Our administrative and clinical teams have obtained a Certificate of Infection Control Training – COVID 19 with the Australian Government Department of Health.
- We have implemented a system requiring our team members to report if they are exhibiting coronavirus-like symptoms, even if extremely mild, before attending work.
- We also will ask each patient the day prior and on the day of the appointment if they are exhibiting any of the following symptoms even if very mild.
- Runny Nose
- Loss of sense of smell and/or taste
- Sore Throat
- Shortness of Breath
- Contact with an overseas person or somebody with confirmed COVID-19 within the last 14 days.
If you are experiencing any of these symptoms, even if mild, you will be asked not to attend or enter the practice and to contact your GP or the COVID hotline on 1800 675 398 or present to an assessment centres (see below)
When you arrive at the clinic for your appointment the following protocol applies;
- Your temperature will be taken on entry by one of the team
- We will confirm the questions above
- You will be asked to wash your hands before taking a seat in the waiting room.
- We have reduced the number of seats in our waiting room to ensure there is 4 sqm per person.
- Payment is appreciated on the day of appointment. We have stopped accepting payment via cash due to the inherent safety risk of passing physical money between people. Patients may pay via card or direct deposit.
Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions regarding your appointment.
We look forward to taking care of you.
The MHM team
Assessment centres for COVID -19
Assessment centres have been established at a number of Victorian hospitals. You can just present without an appointment to these assessment centres without calling them prior.
Metropolitan health services
- Alfred Hospital
- Austin Hospital
- Box Hill Hospital - Eastern Health
- Casey Hospital - Monash Health
- Dandenong Hospital - Monash Health
- Frankston Hospital - Peninsula Health
- Monash Medical Centre, Clayton - Monash Health
- Northern Hospital
- Royal Children's Hospital
- Royal Melbourne Hospital - Melbourne Health
- St Vincent's Hospital, Melbourne
- Sunshine Hospital - Western Health
Return to Homepage